In this section, insha Allah, I will be posting helpers that might be of help to those planning their own phonics lessons.
The helpers include (at the least) word lists for each phonogram presented, and sentences for reading. Sight words are introduced at a slow pace and incorporated into the sentences.
See my main site for general phonics aids:
Phonics activities for practicing sounds: (see: http://www.talibiddeenjr.com/la_phonics_activitybank.htm) and for resources for individual phonograms, see TJ’s page here
For a sample phonics session outline, see: http://www.talibiddeenjr.com/la_sampledailyplan.htm#B._Phonics
A general daily phonics session might consist of:
1. Reviewing flashcards of past sounds
2. Learning new sound/word list
3. Reading new word list
4. Practicing new sound/words (games, worksheets)
5. Reading sentences with new sounds plus review sounds*
6. Taking dictation on words with new sound and sentences*