Parts = ajza’u
Ajza’u al jumlah (Parts of the sentence):
In Arabic, there are three types of words:
- noun/name (ism)
- verb (fi’l)
As for the noun (ism), it can be:
- people (insaan)
- animals (hayuwaan)
- plants (nabaat)
- inaminate objects (jamaad)
- other things (ayyu shayin akhara)
The verb: (fi’l)
- indicates an occurrence (husool) of an action (‘aml) with respect to time (zaman).
- Examples of the harf: fee, ‘alaa, hal
A harf does not carry a complete meaning by itself
If you have the book, here are the directions for the drills:
1. Read the following sentences and tell which nouns indicate people, and which ones indicate animals, and which ones indicate plants and which ones indicate inanimate objects.
2. Read the following sentences and distinguish between the nouns, verbs, and haroof (plura of harf)
3. Write five sentences which start with nouns which indicate people.
Write five sentences which end with a noun indicating an animal.
Write five setntences beginning with a noun that indicates an animal.
Write five setences ending with a noun which indicates plants.
4. Write five sentences in which each one starts with a verb.
Write five sentences with a verb in the middle.
Write five sentences which start with a harf.
Write five sentences which have a harf in the middle.
5. Write five sentences each one of them composed of only two nouns.
write five sentences, each one of them composed of a noun and a verb and nothing else.
Write five sentences each one of them composed of a noun, a verb, and a harf.
6. alif: The following sentences each need a noun, so put an appropriate noun in the blank space
baa: The following sentences each need a verb, so put an apprpopriate verb in the blank space.
jeem: The following sentences need a harf so put an appropriate harf in the blank space.
7. Make five sentences and each one is composed of two nouns.,
Make five sentences and each one is composed of a verb and two nouns.
For the last one, didn’t understand all the words, but it sounds as if they are telling you to write five sentences that include all three types of words (noun, verb, harf).
The next lesson is on the divisions of the verb (past tense, present tense and the command)…….