Our Family Control Center thus far I (I’ve started a series here at the TJ blog about my journey to get more organized:
- Yearly Calendar (just to know what certain days fall on)
- Hijri Yearly Calendar (not sure if I’ll put this one up as its approximate; I am planning on using a monthly hijri calendar for daily school calendar activities so I’m thinking I won’t post one here; I’m just mentioning it here just as a suggestion).
- Master Monthly/Year ( I poster sized printed a blank monthly calendar (4×4; 16 sheets) and took out the day names of the weeks before I printed it, so its generic to fit the whole year.)
- Weekly routine/cleaning schedule
I poster sized printed this (2×2); 4 sheets
Daily Routines based upon the prayer times as blocks of routine periods
- Morning and Bedtime routines
These fit into the daily routines above, but I’ve pulled them out because they are subroutines consisting of many steps.
I’ve just written them on index cards for now for the center. Other ideas I have used are checklists and pictured cards. For me, the index cards work great at the center and then the cards or pictured checklists get posted in rooms for the kids. Umm Abdul Basir has a nice bedtime routine/center you might want to check out.