Here is a round up of what we have started using for 10th grade this year (of course, as always, it is subject to change). All resources were found online.
- Elementary Algebra with Applications, 2006*
- Glencoe Algebra 1*
(If interested in receiving this, just leave me a comment with you email address and I’ll email the link–inshaa Allah))
- Proofreading, Revising, and Editing Success in 20 Minutes a Day
- Writing Better Essays in Just 20 minutes a day
- Visual Writing
- Glencoe Writer’s Choice Composition Reteaching Workbook
- Glencoe Writer’s Choice Composition Practice
- Glencoe Writer’s Choice Composition Enrichment
- Research and Writing Skills Success in 20 Minutes a Day
- Research Paper and Report Writing
- 501 Writing Prompts
- Glencoe Spelling Power Workbook
- Spelling in 15 Minutes a Day
- Glencoe Vocabulary Power Workbook
- Practical Vocabulary
- Just in Time Vocabulary
- Think Your Know Your Vocabulary
- Word Power in 15 Minutes a Day
- 501 Grammar and Writing Questions
- Glencoe 10th grade Grammar workbooks
- Grammar in 15 Minutes a Day
- Grammar Success in 20 Minutes a Day
The English up to this point may seem a little hairy at first glance, but these resources are workbooks, not full textbooks and my daughter generally gets through them fairly quickly, ma sha Allah.
I pdf’d these to make complete collections as the pdfs were by chapter.
I love these books, ma sha Allah. We used the 10th grade last year for 9th grade and I couldn’t find a complete set of grade 11 online, so we’re going with the 12th grade one. I think the books are for English second language learners, so 12th grade is not overly advanced for 10th grade, in my opinion. They are really nice as they expose student to a variety of international writers including major American writers.
Assorted novels from online (Project Gutenberg, Planet E-Book, etc). Glencoe Literature Library has some great study guides to use with novels. We also read the chapter summaries and notes from sites like www.thebestnotes.com and Cliff Notes.
- Biology Science Notebook (seems to be programmed for the above book)
Biology for Dummies*
*Any of the books not linked, I have digital copies of them, so you can leave a comment (will not be published) requesting me to send them.
- And that’s our plan for this year, insha Allah…… Hope you can find some benefit from these resources if you’ve got a 10th grader or are planning for the future………………